Monday, June 25, 2012

Musing Mondays



This week’s musing asks… Do you set goals for yourself, while reading? For example, “I want to get this book finished this weekend“, or “I will read __ pages today“, etc. Why, or why not?



Not really. Once in a while, if I have to finish a book by a particular date, I'll set myself a goal for each day so that I can finish it faster, but usually, I just read as much as I like. I find that if I force myself to read a certain amount, it gets fustrating.






7 comments:

Cathy De Los Santos said...

Sometimes trying to finish a number of books in a certain time is frustrating. I know when im doing a tour and there are other books i want to read instead i get frustrated. Thanks for stopping by today.

caite said...

Yes, I guess we all have some vague goals, to read some book by a certain day, but a certain number if pages...gosh that makes reading too much like work!

Gigi Ann said...

I read for entertainment, and since I'm retired I can read as many pages as I choose, although I do set myself a little goal, but don't always reach it.

Mrs. Jones said...

I agree, plus if a book is GOOD, then you shouldnt have to force it. It should go by fast enough (or sometimes too fast!)

:)

Sandy said...

I don't, setting myself a deadline is almost a guarantee that I won't meet it out of sheer will to procrastinate.

Anonymous said...

I definately like taking my time and enjoying the reading process, thats why maybe I read so slow, one or 2 books a week max.

Unknown said...

Totally agree :) Thanks for visiting!

Happy Reading :)