Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Green by Ted Dekker


Travel between two worlds with Thomas Hunter. In Green, Thomas hasn't dreamt in years and the Circle is weakening because there's no sign of their Creator, Elyon. When Thomas' son, Samuel, loses the faith, evil from both worlds tempts him to initiate war. Will Thomas be able to save Samuel and the Circle?


I was surprised by this book. I hadn’t read any of the previous ones in the series, so I was hesitant to pick it up, even though the back does state it could be read first.

There is a lot of creativity in the story. The landscapes are fully developed and the characters had depth to them. I was slightly confused at the beginning at all the names and storylines, but as the book moved along I was able to catch on and enjoy myself. What I love most about it is the feeling it has, like any good saga, of pulling the reader along and into its world. Although it is Christian fiction, it was not overtly so, allowing the reader to forget about that and just feel immersed in the fantasy world Dekker created.

I am sure that those of you who have read the rest of the series before this book probably got much more of it than I did, levels of intricacy that I probably did not catch on to. But I did enjoy the book and I’ll probably pick up the rest of the series. Fantasy readers, this is a fun one so try it out.



No comments: