Thursday, May 12, 2011

Booking Through Thursday


This week’s Booking Through Thursday question asks…

Do you read books “meant” for other age groups? Adult books when you were a child; Young-Adult books now that you’re grown; Picture books just for kicks … You know … books not “meant” for you. Or do you pretty much stick to what’s written for people your age?

When I was little I read all kinds of adult books. My parents, my mom especially, is the kind of person who has always pushed me to try challenging things. So yeah, I'd pretty much read all of Edgar A. Poe when I was eight, along with a bunch of other classics.
Now, I rarely read anything out of my age group. I read very little YA books, sticking mainly to adult fiction. There are exceptions, of course, like Harry Potter and other books that have caught my attention, but mainly I read "grown up" books.


1 comment:

FBT said...

I also read adult books as a kid, but I can feel/see now that a lot of it went over my head. I read Poe poetry in my teens, and I've been meaning to revisit, but have been doing everything else, it seems.