Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Be A Man: The Plaid Manifesto by Joshua Wisenbaker


This book was hilarious. Okay, you probably need a bit more than that, but I just wanted it said.

The writing is quick and light, easy to get through and you can probably read it all in one afternoon. A perfect book for when you need a time-out from life’s realities. However, if you offend easily, it might not be for you. There are a million stereotypes that are reinforced for the sake of comedy and many references to the raunchier side of the male character.

I was actually really surprised, though, with the skill the author utilizes on the touchy subjects of politics and religion. I half-expected to be spoon-fed doctrine, but he managed to state his point without getting under my skin. Well done.

So, are you ready to become a man? Does your husband or boyfriend measure up? If you have ever asked those questions, as lightly or as seriously as you like, and if you are open-minded with your humor, then this just might be the perfect book for you.

Fun, fun read.


1 comment:

Confuzzled Shannon said...

I am open minded and sensitive so I think I will shy away from it ;-> Glad you enjoy it though!